This is a recipe I got from my mother-in-law. The cool part about this recipe is that it is made without using any sambar powder.
- Imli - nimbu size
- Vegetables -any of the veggies drumstick, bindi, shimla mirch, red pumpkin, white peta, onion
- coconut - Half coconut- grated
- Masala - chana dal, sabud dhaniya, pepper, methi, hing, sabud mirch
- Toor daal
- Tadka - rai, methi, kadi patta and sabud mirch
- Soak imli and microwave and cool
- Sqeeze out imli water
- Boil any two or three vegetables in imli water
- Add haldi and namak while boiling
- Pressure cook toor dal with haldi
- Mash the toor dal and add it to the cooked vegetable.
- Roast and grind the masala with coconut and add to the sambhar
- after it has boiled for some time add tadka