This is my aunt Suguna Rao’s recipe. This is a quick way of making this recipe. This does not involve drying the mango in the sun.
- One raw green mango (remove skin and cut into chips) - 2 cups
- Gud - 1/2 cup
- Salt - 2 tsp
- Mirchi Powder - 1 tsp
- Menthi podi - 2 pinch
- Mix the cut mango with gud, salt and mirchi powder. Cover and keep aside
- Next day add 2 pinches of menti podi and mix really well.
The above recipe does not last long and you need to finish it up quickly. If you want to make a bigger batch and want it to last longer you need to put it out in the sun.
- Mix the cut mango with gud and salt
- keep it out in the sun everyday till you see it oozing a syrup
- Add the mirchi powder and menti podi and mix well